Nematron IPCs and Monitors offers significant advantages that an industrial customer should carefully consider when choosing which PC is right for his application:
- IPCs are designed to withstand harsher environmental standards:
- – Temperature (typically 50° Celsius) and humidity (Nematron PCs and Monitors are now rated for 55°C)
- – Shock & Vibration
- – Electrical noise immunity
- – Resistant to chemicals typically present in a manufacturing environment
- – Hazardous Locations
- IPCs typically conform to voltages, safety standards and international ratings and certifications required in an industrial facility. Examples of these ratings and certifications include UL, cUL, FCC and CE Mark.
- IPCs front panels are designed to conform to air, dust and water resistant standards, e.g. NEMA 4/4X/12 & IP65/66.
- Commercial PCs change frequently, often several times per year. This can lead to incompatibilities in software configurations. An exact replacement of a commercial grade PC is generally not available after a short time period. IPCs, on the other hand, are designed to have a long service life and replacement parts (spares & repairs) are available for several years.
Manufacturing lines are often required to maintain operation for 5 to 10 years, or longer. System up-time is critical. IPCs are hardened to operate in industrial environments.